Thursday, December 8, 2011


August, 15, 2011
Bánh Lọt Mặn 

 making the dough
 making the hand rolled noodles
Al dente
we, my brothers and i like our noodles on the chewy side, most Vietnamese prefer the softer noodles
 a whole basket full

one piping hot bowl of homemade rolled noodles in a broth with Pork tenderloins. Scallions, Cilantro, fried shallots and a little bit of the shallot oil. Usually one would enjoy this with fish sauce, mom read somewhere that lots of major brands of fish sauce isn't actually made from fish, so she freaked out and threw them all out. whether or not its true I don't know, but I prefer hoisin sauce and a little chili sauce in mine anyways.
side view
traditional the broth is made of dried shrimp, which gives it the depth of flavor and sweetness, but we don't use those because the way they are made aren't hygienic so we used carrots instead...you could make your own dried shrimp, but it can be expensive and time consuming.
I've done it before, it takes forever!!!
 
I love this close up
makes me hungry every time i look at it =)
this is my comfort food, this is what i crave when it's cold or rainy outside.
Simple, warm with all the right notes and textures =)
Kind of Over Dose on the chili in this, was a bit toooooo spicy, but still good!

2 comments:

Sonia said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.