Oddly, I was craving turkey, though thanksgiving is just around the corner. So I made a Citrus Herb crusted Turkey, it came out really nicely. In the words of my brother, when I asked him how the turkey was he said, "It was love." He asked me if I used butter on the skin because it was buttery and crispy and smooth. My reply, No, no butter, I tried to use very little ingredients so that the flavors I selected would shine through. I made the usual sides of stuffing and mashed up yukon golds, but realize I didn't have any cranberry left. So I told my brother to pick up some, since i was waiting on the turkey and was preparing for an exam and he was already out and about. He never did buy the cranberries, he had forgotten them. He said, "let me get a rain check on that." So I improvished and found some pomegranates in the fridge. It added sweetest with a tart bite and of course color, so it came through well.
Thursday, October 28, 2010
Pomegranate Citrus Herb Crusted Turkey with stuffing
Oddly, I was craving turkey, though thanksgiving is just around the corner. So I made a Citrus Herb crusted Turkey, it came out really nicely. In the words of my brother, when I asked him how the turkey was he said, "It was love." He asked me if I used butter on the skin because it was buttery and crispy and smooth. My reply, No, no butter, I tried to use very little ingredients so that the flavors I selected would shine through. I made the usual sides of stuffing and mashed up yukon golds, but realize I didn't have any cranberry left. So I told my brother to pick up some, since i was waiting on the turkey and was preparing for an exam and he was already out and about. He never did buy the cranberries, he had forgotten them. He said, "let me get a rain check on that." So I improvished and found some pomegranates in the fridge. It added sweetest with a tart bite and of course color, so it came through well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment